Planning for the holidays can be overwhelming, especially if a long family road trip is required. Wherever you are driving this holiday season, check out these family road trip tips before you go:
- Before you go, write out a detailed packing list for every member of your family, catering to their individual needs. Consider what will occupy them on the road.
- Pack healthy, mood-boosting snacks and lots of fresh water so that you will not be tempted to stop for unhealthy food, which could make you sluggish.
- Grab some empty plastic bags before you go, and use them as garbage bags during your road trip.
- If your trip will be paused by a night’s stay at a hotel or elsewhere, consider packing separate, smaller bags for the toiletries and clothes you will use that night.
- Map out emergency stops along your route – such as rest stops and even possible hospitals – ahead of time, in case they become necessary.
- Lastly, enjoy the scenery as you go! In addition to simply looking out the window, make a point to stop at any landmarks or sightseeing spots along the way.
For more tips, or to spend your holiday in a brand new, family-friendly vehicle, feel free to stop by and visit us anytime, here at Knight Automotive.