When it comes to lengthening the life cycle of your car, a few preventative maintenance tips go a long way. Why wait for something to go wrong – likely requiring a pricey repair – when some simple preparation could prevent problems altogether?
If you’re not sure where to start, here are some preventative maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- Always change your oil and oil filter, according to the regularity mentioned in your owner’s manual.
- Routinely check the air pressure in your tires, about once a month – or more often if you drive in a rugged region.
- Occasionally, check to see if all of your lights work, especially those in the back, which you may otherwise never notice on your own.
- Check all of your fluids – brake, power steering, etc. – as frequently as advised in your owner’s manual.
- Lastly, replace your windshield wipers if they ever seem to perform subpar, and always ensure that you have enough wiper fluid ready.
For more safety and service tips, or to check out a new vehicle for the summer season, contact us or visit us anytime at Knight Automotive.