Looking forward to carving pumpkins this year? Whether you have a history carving these popular squashes, or if you’re brand-new to the art, there’s always room for advice.
Check out these pumpkin carving tips before you get started:
- When you’re picking out your pumpkin, try to find ones that have flat bottoms, which will make it easier to keep them standing.
- Though it can be a pain to scoop out every last bit of flesh, this arduous process really will make your pumpkin last longer and is worth the struggle.
- Invest in some good quality cutting tools, which will do the job right and are less likely to cause an injury.
- If you’re going to put a candle inside your carved pumpkin, consider sprinkling the inside with cinnamon beforehand. It will create a pumpkin pie scent!
- Lastly, never let children carve pumpkins without adult supervision.
Do you have any tips to create the perfect pumpkin carving tradition? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.